From new releases (MadCap Flare version 9.0!) to new products (MadCap Pulse!) to our very first user conference (MadWorld 2013!), this past year was packed with excitement and innovation from MadCap Software.
Here are some of the highlights:
As with every year, 2013 was a very busy year in development for MadCap Software. In 2013, native right-to-left language support, advanced print (including CMYK) and many more features were introduced in Flare 9, the integrated social collaboration platform MadCap Pulse made its debut, plus releases of MadCap Lingo, Mimic, Contributor and Analyzer lead to some major enhancements and productivity improvements for users. You can explore all of our products’ new features below.
News and Events
MadWorld 2013 Worldwide User Conference
MadWorld 2013, our very first user conference, was a resounding success. Held at the Hard Rock Hotel in San Diego, MadWorld 2013 hosted educational sessions from some of the technical communication industry’s best and brightest. A full recap of the conference can be found here.
MadCap Software also introduced MadTranslations, Inc. in 2013. MadTranslations offers a full range of localization services, helping clients succeed in the global market by localizing their products, software applications and technical documentation into more than 50 languages.
Awards and Industry Buzz
2013 saw MadCap Software named in EContent Magazine’s 100 List of Companies that Matter Most in the Digital Content Industry in the Content Creation category for the second consecutive year. You can read more about our award and nomination here.
Read more from our Industry Buzz here.
MadCap Flare user groups formed all over the world in 2013, providing users with local meetups that focus on strengthening their skills and knowledge of MadCap Flare. A complete list of user groups can be found here.
The MadCap Scholar Program
The MadCap Scholar Program experienced tremendous growth in 2013 as the following schools joined forces with MadCap to bring our cutting-edge technical communications tools to the classroom: EMPI Business School, Eastern Washington University, Portland State University, Metropolitan State University, Wright State University, Peking University, University of Central Florida, and University of Alabama in Huntsville.
New Video Series – The Writing Game
MadCap Software released a series of videos called, The Writing Game, where The Dating Game meets technical writing. Finding the right technical authoring application can be a lot like dating, so sit back, relax, and enjoy four episodes featuring Blanche Snippet, Tammy Toggler and a few other surprises.
You can watch The Writing Game videos here.
Below is a list of some of the new case studies we announced in 2013 highlighting how companies used MadCap Software to increase productivity, reduce costs, and streamline delivery of their content were published this year:
- Mitchell, A Leading Provider of Property & Casualty Claims Technology Solutions Moves from Adobe® RoboHelp®, Adobe® FrameMaker® and Adobe® Indesign® and Cuts Process Time by 82% Using MadCap Flare with Microsoft® SharePoint® and Team Foundation Server®
- Derek Warren and Claire Pang discuss how Venafi enhances customers’ online Help experience with MadCap Flare and Pulse
- ARCOM Replaces Adobe® RoboHelp® with MadCap Flare to Streamline Delivery of Print Documentation and Online Help for Construction Specifications Software
- Avtec Chooses MadTranslations Service to Deliver Localized Software and Documentation for its International Customers and cuts Translation Costs by Roughly 40% with Translation Memory Management
- UC San Diego, Extension Uses MadCap Flare to Make Learning Technical Communications and Topic-Based Authoring Practices More Intuitive
- RWTH Aachen University Replaces Microsoft® Word with MadCap Flare to Deliver Customized Exercise Materials for Different Student Groups
- GFI Software Uses MadCap Flare to Streamline Documentation and Localization Processes and Achieve A Five-Fold Reduction in Project Time
- Cloud-Based IT Software Company Autotask Uses MadCap Flare, Lingo and Feedback to Effectively Deliver Documentation and HTML5 Online Help System in Seven Different Languages
- Tricentis Replaces Adobe® FrameMaker® with MadCap Software to Create HTML5-based Online Help Center; Cuts Project Time By Three Months
We have a lot of fun on calls, especially with some of our regular customers whom we get to know on a more personal level. I’ve had a customer buy me a rib lunch from a local restaurant, which I tried to say no to, but he insisted. We never expect anything from customers, but the wonderful comments and occasional gifts that we receive are all part of the reason that we love working for MadCap.”
Laura Hippert | Technical Support Analyst, MadCap Software
We can put out more content, more completely, and more accurately than at any time in the history of Mitchell. Many project tasks have gone from taking days to hours and from hours to minutes using Flare.”
Don Rasky | Senior Technical Writer, Mitchell International, Inc.
Gregory Owens | Senior QA Engineer, ARCOM
Stefan Steinbauer | Head of Documentation and Translation, Tricentis
The learning curve is short and easy to learn, the functionality is powerful, and it produces attractive usable output. Implementation for a single writer or a complete team is also much easier than some of the “enterprise” solutions, which require specialized programming, template design, and dedicated IT resources.”
Hagay Vider, Technical and Marketing Communications Manager at High Security Labs (via LinkedIn)
@kemulholland: Falling in love with MadCap Flare all over again. #techcomm
Looking to 2014
The MadWorld 2014 Worldwide Learning Conference
The MadWorld worldwide learning conference returns to San Diego April 13-15, 2014 with a schedule packed full of informative and inspirational sessions, networking opportunities and fun events. You can register for MadWorld 2014 and check out the entire schedule here.
Tons of Free Webinars
Topic-Based and Structured Authoring Made Simple | January 14, 10:00-11:00 am (Pacific)
Presented by Neil Perlin, Certified Flare Trainer and Consultant, Hyper/Word Services
Migrating from Adobe® FrameMaker® to MadCap Flare: Preparation and Processes | January 29, 10:00-11:00 am (Pacific)
Presented by Denise Kadilak, Team Manager/Information Architect, Blackbaud Inc.
Storming the Castle: How to Reach Those Who Control the Power and Purse Strings | February 5, 10:00-11:00 am (Pacific)
Presented by Noz Urbina, Founder, Urbina Consulting
MadCap Flare for the Total Newbie: Why Single-sourcing, Multi-channel Publishing & Collaborative Authoring is Essential | February 12, 10:00-11:00 am (Pacific)
Presented by Daniel Ferguson, Owner, Write Degree Communications
Plus many more to be added to the schedule…
We’re excited about all that the coming year will bring and thank you for your support in 2013.
On behalf of all of us here at MadCap Software, have a happy, healthy, and successful new year!