Meet MadCap Lingo
MadCap Lingo is a software tool designed to assist technical writers, documentation specialists and professional translators in the translation process. Improve translation efficiency with translation memory support, terminology management, detailed reporting capabilities and more.
A Fully Integrated Translation Tool for Translators and Content Developers
MadCap Lingo is the first fully integrated computer-aided translation (CAT) tool and workflow management solution designed for use as a standalone translation tool or in conjunction with MadCap Flare to streamline the translation process.
A Translation Workflow Management Solution for Authors and
- Superior Workflow and Review for Documentation Teams and Translators
- Easily Package and Send Content with Project Packager
- Ensure Project Integrity and Avoid Content and Formatting Corruption Issues
- Statistic Reports, Visibility into Translation Process and Costs
- Advanced Features Such as Convert Variables To Text
A Powerful CAT Tool for Translators
Authors and Document Managers
Superior Workflow for Documentation Teams
Whether you are a technical writer sending documentation for translation, or a linguist managing the translation, MadCap Lingo provides all your translation needs in one integrated environment — including editing, reviewing, terminology and project management.
Package and Send Content with Project Packager
With Project Packager, prepare and manage all your files prior to sending for translation in one easy step.
- Ensure all necessary files are packaged for translation, including images with caption call-outs
Bundle and save all files required for translation into a single Zip file for use by a translator
- Bundled files are converted to the industry-standard XLIFF format, meaning files can be imported into any tool
- Easily incorporate and merge translated content once translated back into MadCap Lingo and Flare for publishing
Ensure Project Integrity
Avoid content and formatting corruption issues that are common with traditional localization workflows.
- No need to transfer/ship files out of a project
- Keeps all files in context
- No risk of losing files or content
- Natively open source documentation created in either MadCap Flare or MadCap Contributor
- Seamless translation of multimedia elements with MadCap Mimic and MadCap Capture integration
Detailed Statistical Reports, Visibility into Translation Process and Costs
- Run statistical reports showing detailed information for each project and file to determine what has/has not been translated; how many words/segments translated and/or still need to be translated etc.
- Gain visibility at any stage during translation process for each project and/or file to determine translation status, including what has/has not been translated, how many words/segments translated, etc. and what needs or does not need to be translated.
Now our translator can focus on localization and not recreating the document. The efficiencies we've gained have been as dramatic as moving from a typewriter to using Microsoft® Word™.”
—Daniel Ng | GPRO Technologies Berhad
Advanced Features Such as Convert Variables to Text
Replace MadCap Flare variables in a project with their definitions as plain text. This can be done when you create or update a project based on a Flare project.
Multi-Language Translation Support
- Right-to-left language support for Arabic, Persian and Hebrew
- Unicode support for Western European languages
- Double-byte support for Asian languages
- Extended language support (Eastern European languages)
Translation Memory Support
Translate more content with greater efficiency using a linguistic database that captures your translations as you work for future re-use.
- Differences shown when new version uploaded
- Built-in translation memory system (MadCap Lingo Database)
- Find-and-Replace and Find-in-File search
- Full TMX (Translation Memory eXchange) support
- Translation alignment
- Translation Memory Editor
- Connect to multiple TMs at a single project
- Access multiple translation memory databases
- SQLite database support
Increase translation quality using a searchable database that stores terms and rules regarding their usage. View terminology details for multiple languages, including:
- Product specific terminology
- Gender or description
- And more
Advanced Side-by-side Translation Editor
Utilize side-by-side editing and use suggestions from a translation memory (TM) database.
Support for Multiple Translation Memory Connections
MadCap Lingo lets you select multiple Translation Memory databases in a single project.
Complete Unicode Support for Left-to-Right (LTR) and Right-to-Left (RTL) Languages
MadCap Lingo supports the translation of all languages, including full Unicode support for Eastern and Western European languages, double-byte Asian languages and right-to-left languages such as Arabic, Persian and Hebrew.
Robust File Support
- Natively open source documentation created in either MadCap Flare or Contributor
- Direct import, translation and export of:
- Microsoft® Word™ and PowerPoint
- Adobe® FrameMaker® and InDesign®
- DITA (see below)
- XML, XLIFF, HTM, HTML, RTF, TXT, etc.
- SDLXLIFF, TTX, TXML
- Seamless translation of multimedia elements with MadCap Mimic and Capture integration
Search across entire Translation Memory databases to easily find previously translated content.
Segmentation Rules Editor
Split and join segments automatically using segmentation rules, or split and join content manually.
Support for 101% Matches
Take context into account with 101% matches. In addition to exact and fuzzy matches, MadCap Lingo supports 101% context matches in TM, providing an exact match to previously translated content.
Translation Statistics including Segments, Words, Number of Duplicates and More
Get statistical reports for word count, translated content, content requiring translation and more for individual files or selected groups of files, in addition to an entire project.
Translation Memory Suggestions
Take advantage of previously translated content and get suggestions while working in the editor.
Termbases ensure consistency across the terminology in your project. Create, manage, and reuse multilingual terminology from a single storage area and reduce the time and effort required to translate new documents.
- Integrated concept-oriented terminology database
- Metadata for terms shows part of speech, gender, usage, customer, geographical usage and more
- Create, manage and reuse terminology from a single storage area
- Improve the reliability of translations with MadCap Lingo automatically suggesting previously used terms during translation
- Leverage previously translated terms with import and export of TBX-Basic (Termbase eXchange) files
Translators can create an alignment project and manually align files and segments as needed. The MadCap Align tool provides two benefits:
- A more intuitive workflow with a clear separation between the translation and alignment processes.
- Greater flexibility, since translators can continue to work within MadCap Align even when the MadCap Lingo software is closed.
MadCap Lingo and Flare let us flawlessly run our translations—ensuring that whatever formatting we have applied will come out exactly the same way in all other languages.”
—Angela Richer | Manager of Documentation and Localization, Autotask
View previously translated content in context for both Microsoft® Word™ and PowerPoint® content.
MadCap Lingo and Flare let us flawlessly run our translations—ensuring that whatever formatting we have applied will come out exactly the same way in all other languages."
—Angela Richer | Manager of Documentation and Localization, Autotask
A Fully Integrated Suite for Content Development
The MadPak Suite includes six fully integrated technical communication and content development tools for authoring & publishing, contribution & review, analysis & reporting, translation management and multimedia creation.