Meet MadCap Analyzer
MadCap Analyzer is a powerful analytic and reporting tool for your Flare projects. Find critical issues quickly, such as missing content or broken links, and non-critical technical issues such as unused style sheets or images that can be removed from projects. Create custom reports and share information with documentation teams and managers to identify issues, track progress, and ensure quality and efficiency in your documentation.
Powerful Project Analysis and Reporting
MadCap Analyzer is a powerful project analysis and reporting tool that can help find and fix issues with your Flare projects.
- Find and Fix Critical Issues Quickly
- Get Content Suggestions for Snippets, Variables and More
- Meet Accessibility Guidelines
- Generate Custom Reports
- Visualize Data with Statistical Reports
- A Valuable Tool for Everyone on Your Team
Find and Fix Critical Issues Quickly
Find critical issues within a project, such as broken links, duplicate style sheets, missing images and more.
Scan your project to find and fix critical issues, including:
- Broken Links
- Duplicate Styles in Style Sheets
- Duplicate TOC Items
- Broken Image Links
- Broken Bookmarks
- Undefined Variables, Condition Tags, File Tags
- Non-XML Topics and More
As well as used and unused items including:
- Map IDs
- Images and More
Get Content Suggestions for Snippets, Variables and More
Analyzer will improve your content quality and reuse by identifying suggestions, including:
- Markup (XHTML)
- Index Keywords
- Local Style
Analyzer takes it one step further! We now don't need to worry about usability testing…In short, deploying Analyzer is like employing another member of our documentation team — one that handles all the mundane checking without a single complaint!”
—Steve Salter | BIO-key
Meet Accessibility Guidelines
Scan projects and ensure your content conforms to accessibility guidelines such as Section 508 and WCAG (Web Content Accessibility Guidelines).
Generate Custom Reports
Generate any number of custom reports based on information collected in Analyzer.
Report categories include:
- Condition tags
- Content files
- File tags
- Glossary term links
- Language tags
Visualize Data with Statistical Reports
Create dozens of reports from statistical data, including topic count, word count, broken link count, snippet count and more.
- Topic Count
- Snippet Count
- Broken link Count
- Undefined Glossary Term Links Count
- Undefined Variable Count
- Undefined Condition
- Undefined Styles Count
A Valuable Tool for Everyone on Your Team
Automate in minutes what could take weeks for a technical editor to identify.
- Review documentation and identify issues to improve quality
- Keep project files small and eliminate unused content
- Reduce translation cost by eliminating duplicate or unused elements
- Identify suggestions for content such as snippets and variables and utilize content reuse
- Track progress of project fixes made by documentation team
- Track new project status and identify ways to improve how content is developed and maintained
View the Analyzer workflow:
- Open Your Flare Project
Analyzer scans your project for issues and problems.
- Locate the Critical Issues
Critical issues in your project are listed on the Analyzer Summary.
- Review Suggestions and Accept Changes
Review suggestions and determine changes to optimize your project content.
- Create Reports
Generate any number of reports from the information in Analyzer to share with your team.
A Fully Integrated Suite for Content Development
The MadPak Suite includes six fully integrated technical communication and content development tools for authoring & publishing, contribution & review, analysis & reporting, translation management and multimedia creation.