Well, hello there Propellerheads!

We wanna know some stuff about how you work…so that we can make work easier for you. Please answer the following poll questions so that we can get a better idea of how you use MadCap Flare.

About The Author

Jennifer White

About Jennifer White

Jennifer White, a Product Evangelist at MadCap Software, has over 15 years of experience in writing, broadcasting, public speaking, marketing and social media management. Jennifer has also served as a social media manager, blogger, on-air host, writer and content provider for CBS Radio and Fox TV.

Last Modified: October 28, 2013

This entry was posted in MadCap Flare, Tech Comm. Bookmark the permalink.

Comments

• Nancy Hutson Hale April 19, 2013 at 10:50 AM

About “Where Do You Import Content From?”: I answered the question “Where have you imported content from?”–because once it’s in Flare, that’s where I maintain it.

• Dee Vincent-Day April 24, 2013 at 2:37 AM

We have just imported 6 .chm legacy files and 14 word docs. I am now in the process of restructuring them and rewriting an re illustrating the legacy chm content. Until some changes have been made to our infrastructure we are storing our projects on a network drive. We will be migrating them to TFS at some point in the future. I am praying that this will be easy and will not require too much adjustment to make it all work.

• Laura Johnson April 24, 2013 at 2:56 PM

Dee, it’s quite easy to move Flare projects into TFS now. Be not afraid. :-)

• Laura Johnson April 24, 2013 at 2:55 PM

Same as Nancy, once my content is in Flare, I keep it in Flare. I answered that I import from HTML, Word, and Frame because all of those problems occasionally arise; I did not include RoboHelp, because although I’ve imported several projects from RoboHelp in the past, I think (and hope!) that the RoboHelp projects are all gone now (moved into Flare).

• KJ Gemmill May 10, 2013 at 9:28 AM

I’m with you all. I maintain my docs in Flare. But as a contractor I have to work with Word docs given to me by customers. The next big project I work on I plan to import the “ugly” Word doc, fix it up and export it to Word as a “clean” doc. Then that doc can become the one they update and I will link it to a new Flare project. I want to experiment with locking down the Word features they can use so I can minimize the damage ;) But at least they will be able to edit it and feel like they contribute content/editing. Yes, I know about Contributor but nobody I work with wants to spend any time learning it. Even if it is better and they could save money! They don’t see it now; maybe given enough time.
    Anyway, I always have to provide Word docs as an output for our government customer but I also provide Webhelp for our Web application, HTML help for posting to a knowledge base, and PDF for those who just like to have it. Whew!

• Patty Brooks June 19, 2013 at 12:39 PM

Would love to see the import of CHM files improved. We’ve imported a couple of CHM files and had to do a LOT of clean up. We are holding off on importing our largest CHM project until either MadCap improves the import of CHMs or our IT folks can free up a resource to help us improve the import.

Thanks for posting these questions!

Have Something to Say?