MadCap Analyzer is a unique and powerful analytic tool for your Flare projects. It allows you to find critical issues immediately, such as missing content or broken links, and non-critical technical issues such as unused style sheets or images that can be removed from projects.
Analyzer can also help with:
- Keeping project files small and eliminate unused content
- Reducing translation cost by eliminating duplicate or unused elements
- Identifying suggestions for content such as snippets and variables and utilize content reuse
- Track progress of project fixes made by documentation team
- Track new project status and identify ways to improve how content is developed and maintained
What Makes It Unique:
The uniqueness of MadCap Analyzer is in the “Dynamic” reports or scans whereby Analyzer can actually provide suggestions to improve your content accuracy and consistency. The reports also allow you to go directly to the issue in the file it exists in, or fix the error with options in the report itself. To the best of our knowledge, there is no other tool like it in our industry.
Some of the Dynamic reports include:
- Markup Suggestions: You can see a list of files containing areas in the XHTML markup (code) that can be improved (e.g., empty tags, CDATA tags, empty attributes, excessive spaces, etc.)
- Issues Viewer: Lets you view all issues for specific files in a Flare project.
- Find Elements: Gives you a way to locate files containing particular tag, styles, etc.
- Frequent Segments: You can view a list of segments that occur frequently in your project. If you notice that certain segments are repeated numerous times in your project, you can easily convert them to snippets or variables.
- Writing Suggestions: Outlines places in your project where you can make writing improvements based on industry-wide standards. For example, Analyzer can locate files where an h1 or h2 heading has only one subheading or places that have consecutive heading with no content between them, etc.
- Similar Segments: You can view a list of segments of text in your project that are similar, but not identical to each other. You may want to modify similar segments so that they become identical to each other, or even convert them to snippets.
- And much more…
In addition to offering all of the “Static” reports available in Flare, Analyzer provides eight more reports for suggestions, bringing the total number of static reports to 74.
Some of the Static reports include:
- Index Keyword Suggestions
- Snippet Suggestions
- New Style Suggestions
- Replace Local Style Suggestions
- Accessibility Suggestions
- Markup Suggestions
- Writing Suggestions
- Variable Suggestions
To read what our users are saying, visit our MadCap Analyzer Testimonials page.
To download a free trial, click here.